Saturday, October 27, 2012

Paths

This has been a recurring revelation in my need-to-know, fear prone, control-freak mind:

What was the last thing God said? Do it.

Where are you now? Keep going, straight ahead.

He directs my steps. He knows the plan, I don't have to see it from beginning to end. My responsibility is to trust and obey.

I'm good with pictures, seeing it helps me understand. I'm on a hike at the moment (taking a break for a minute).

There are so many parallels between life and a path. Every person's path looks different, even when they're traveling the same way at the same time, some are running, some are paired together, father and daughter, a married couple, a man with his two faithful, having-so-much-fun dogs...

We've all been here before but you still look for the signs, am I on the right path? Was I supposed to turn back there?should I take the longer path or the shorter one?

Despite how you answer those questions you only answer them with certainty at a crossroads when you're staring at the map. Between checkpoints you follow the path, you keep going in the direction of the last directive. Sometimes you don't know if you took a wrong turn until you get to the next point but ultimately you figure it out (and it was probably better anyway).

Your choice in between check points is to simply enjoy the hike (probably why you came out in the first place) or not.

So many times I waste precious in between time worrying about things that can only be answered at checkpoints instead of enjoying the journey.

If you're a Christian, you're seeking God, and He has your heart, calm down you might be in the in between, you might be on the beautiful path, probably the exact one God has for you.

Don't worry about what can only be answered at the checkpoints (God determines those) and don't waste joy in comparison. It might not be your season to run and do you really want all the responsibility of a dog right now?

God has His perfect way of making it clear, He's laid out a lot of it in scripture. Start there, lay the foundation of trust and enjoy the path of life, it's too beautiful to miss.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: