Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Growth in Time

This year has been incredible. I have sat across the table from so many individuals in complete awe of what God has done in their lives, knowing it could only be God who could bring about such perfect peace in breath-taking change.

I watched Furious Love last night and am further left in awe of what God is doing around the world.

There have been moments in my life when I have glimpsed the pain and brokenness of this world and my heart has been broken, my response has been to question why God tarries. Why does He not simply come back and put it all to right? Bring justice and love and mercy and peace flooding into the hearts of those who have never experienced it. He has the power, He could do it.

What He has been opening my eyes to this year is He is bringing justice and love and mercy and peace flooding into the hearts of those who have never experienced it EVERY DAY. He has the power and He is doing it. And the more days there are the more people who experience His perfect love.

I am so incredibly grateful to serve the living God who IS love and who is loving people all over the world through His children right now. And while my heart aches for His return, I can't ask that He return today, there are too many who don't know Him yet... and I love joining Him in that "yet." It's what we're called to do, let's be the hands and feet of Jesus as we love people today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meghan,
Just read a book on the 'Cry of Justice" so good.Praying we can have a discussion on it.love you and love Him